At Retina, we enable businesses to tell their own data stories. We use data science and machine learning to predict the future buying behavior of consumers, and the types of actions that businesses can take around those predictions. These sophisticated models are then turned into digestible strategic insights and actionable marketing segments.
Our founding team has led data science teams at Facebook and Paypal, built and sold companies, and built the core tech behind several startups. We are venture-funded and looking for the next few passionate team members who want the opportunity to transform the world.
As a Data Engineer, you will be working closely with the Director of Data Science and Engineering to ingest, prepare, and analyze data for use by Retina's data science team and for building scalable data products. You will also create automated data pipelines, quality checks, and documentation. You must have experience in Apache Spark and Python working with large datasets.
The perfect candidate will have have worked with Apache Spark on Databricks using PySpark and SparkSQL, worked with structured and unstructured data in various formats, and developed automated data pipelines. You are focused on results, a self-starter, and have demonstrated success in developing automated processes for validating data quality at various stages. You are smart and effective at getting work done and are continuously coming up with ideas on how to make systems better.
- Maintain and build Apache Spark data pipelines in Databricks using PySpark and SparkSQL
- Build infrastructure required for extracting, transforming, and loading of data from various data sources using Python, SQL, and AWS big data technologies
- Design and implement internal process improvements such as automated quality assurance tests
- Maintain and convert data processing routines in various languages, including Python, SQL, and R
- Assist data science and engineering teams with project-based and ad-hoc data engineering tasks as needed
- 1-2 years of experience with backend or data engineering experience
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Strong proficiency with Python/PySpark and SQL/SparkSQL
- Experience processing large, tabular datasets in various formats
- Experience in database administration in multiple databases such as Redshift, PostgreSQL, and Snowflake Experience with AWS big data services
We are a people-oriented company which means taking care our of team members is critical to our success. We believe that if we hire the smartest people and make an investment in them, it will result in a high performing team and subsequently a high performing company.
- Competitive Salary and Equity
- Work with the Directly with Founders to Growth a Startup from Ground Up
- Health (Covered at 99% of Employee, 75% of dependents)
- Vision & Dental Coverage
- Unlimited Vacation
- Setup Your Own Kit (Buy what you need to get a comfortable work environment)
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan
- Gym and Education Expense
- Meal & Coffee Card
- Free Snacks and Drinks
- Professional Development Expenses (Conferences & Courses)
- Performance Bonuses
- Public Transport Commuter Help
- Relocation Costs (if applicable)