At Retina, we enable businesses to tell their own data stories. We use data science and machine learning to predict the future buying behavior of consumers, and the types of actions that businesses can take around those predictions. These sophisticated models are then turned into digestible strategic insights and actionable marketing segments.
Our founding team has led data science teams at Facebook and Paypal, built and sold companies, and built the core tech behind several startups. We are venture-funded and looking for the next few passionate team members who want the opportunity to transform the world.
As a Data Scientist, you will be working closely with internal data science, product and our engineering team to build scalable data products. You will be creating algorithms that analyze customer data to compute Customer Lifetime Value using (but not limited to) Machine Learning, Reinforcement Learning and Optimization techniques. You must have an expertise in end-to-end data analytics processes from ETL to executive level presentations.
The perfect candidate will have a background in a quantitative or technical field, will have experience working with large data sets, and will have some experience in data-driven decision making. You are focused on results, a self-starter, and have demonstrated success in using analytics to drive the understanding, growth, and success of a product. You are also excited about startups and doing things that have never been done before. You are smart and effective at getting work done and are continuously coming up with ideas on how to make products better.
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of client data to see beyond the numbers and understand how our users interact with both our consumer and business products.
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to solve problems at scale and identify trends and opportunities for the company.
- Inform, influence, support, and execute our product decisions and product launches.
- 2+ years experience doing quantitative analysis at a top tier tech company
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics or other technical field from top tier institution (Graduate degrees preferred)
- Experience in SQL
- Development experience in Python, R, Julia or a comparable language
- Ability to communicate the results and insights with product and leadership teams
- Understanding of statistics (e.g., hypothesis testing, regression, signal-to-noise ratio, confidence bounds)
Taking care of our team members is critical to our success. We believe that if we hire the smartest people and invest in them, a high-performing team -- and subsequently a high performing company -- will flourish.
- Competitive Salary and Equity
- Work with the Directly with Founders to Growth a Startup from Ground Up
- Health (Covered at 99% of Employee, 75% of dependents)
- Vision & Dental Coverage
- Unlimited Vacation
- Setup Your Own Kit (Buy what you need to get a comfortable work environment)
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan
- Gym and Education Expense
- Meal & Coffee Card
- Free Snacks and Drinks
- Professional Development Expenses (Conferences & Courses)
- Performance Bonuses
- Public Transport Commuter Help
- Relocation Costs (if applicable)
Retina.AI is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.