Lead Data Scientist
At Retina, we enable businesses to tell their own data stories. We use data science and machine learning to predict the future buying behavior of consumers, and the types of actions that businesses can take around those predictions. These sophisticated models are then turned into digestible strategic insights and actionable marketing segments.
Our founding team has led data science teams at Facebook and Paypal, built and sold companies, and built the core tech behind several startups. We are venture-funded and looking for the next few passionate team members who want the opportunity to transform the world.
As Lead Data Scientist you will not only get your hands dirty with code but also get to build a data science practice from scratch. You should be a thought leader in customer analytics topics such as Customer Churn, Customer Lifetime Value, Segmentation and have built data products that scale.
The perfect candidate will have a background in a quantitative or technical field, will have experience working with large data sets (experience with Spark/hadoop), and will have experience in data-driven decision making. You are a self-starter, focused on results, and have demonstrated success in using analytics to drive the understanding, growth, and success of a product. You are also excited about startups and doing things that have never been done before. You are smart and effective at getting work done and are continuously coming up with ideas on how to make products better.
- Build, manage and execute on Retina’s R&D roadmap
- Continuously work with product, clients and executive team to understand evolving needs of the market
- Provide thought leadership for company and clients on Customer Lifetime Value models
- Work with Retina’s advisory team to collaborate on R&D projects
- Recruit and manage a team of data scientists and engineers
- Inform, influence, support, and execute our product decisions and product launches.
- Must have expertise in the following analysis areas:
- Customer Lifetime value models (Bayesian and ML approaches)
- Markov Chain Monte Carlo Simulation Design
- Classification & Clustering Approaches
- Business / Performance Forecasting
- Designing and evaluating experiments
- Identifying new levers to help move key metrics
- Monitoring key product metrics
- Evaluating and defining metrics
- Understanding root causes of changes in metrics
- Building and analyzing dashboards and reports
- Building key data sets to empower operational and exploratory analysis
- Understanding ecosystems, user behaviors, and long-term trends
- Building models of user behaviors for analysis or to power production systems
- Influencing product teams through presentation of data-based recommendations
- Communicating state of business, experiment results, etc to product teams
- Spreading best practices to analytics and product teams
- 5+ years experience doing quantitative analysis at a top tier tech company
- Masters or PhD (Preferred) in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics or other technical field from top tier institution
- Development experience in Python, R, C++ and/or Matlab
- Ability to communicate the results of analyses with product and leadership teams
- Experience with distributed computing in Spark / Hadoop
- Experience with Databricks / AWS big data products is a plus
BenefitsWe are a people-oriented company which means taking care our of team members is critical to our success. We believe that if we hire the smartest people and make an investment in them, it will result in a high performing team and subsequently a high performing company.
- Competitive Salary and Equity
- Work with the Directly with Founders to Growth a Startup from Ground Up
- Health (Covered at 99% of Employee, 75% of dependents)
- Vision & Dental Coverage
- Unlimited Vacation
- Setup Your Own Kit (Buy what you need to get a comfortable work environment)
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan
- Gym and Education Expense
- Meal & Coffee Card
- Free Snacks and Drinks
- Professional Development Expenses (Conferences & Courses)
- Performance Bonuses
- Public Transport Commuter Help
- Relocation Costs (if applicable)